Monday 8 October 2018

Wingfield. Mark - Tales From The Dreaming City (2018)


The new album from this British guitarist.

Mark Wingfield on guitars has got help from Asaf Sirkis on drums and Yaron Stavi on bass. Dominique Vantomme also does synths on some tracks.

I have no idea how many albums Mark Wingfield has ever done. I reviewed one album he was very much involved in back in May this year and you can find the review here.

I love the cover art-work on this album and it really deserve to be included in my blog. It adds value to my blog in my humble opinion.....

Tales From The Dreaming City is a laid-back jazz album. A jazz album dominated by Mark Wingfield's guitar and his excellent solos and hooks.

There are also some synth solos here. But most of the music is dreaming, laid-back jazz.

This is a guitarist album from a great guitarist and mostly for other guitarists. It has a great deal of charm for those of us who does not really play guitars.... and I have been playing air-guitar to this album. It is impossible not to do so.

It is also an album you can relax on a sofa with when listening to this album. I have done that too.

There is no real attention grabbing moment on this album. On this rather good album. It is still a good album people more into the art of playing music will enjoy more than I do.

3 points

 




No comments:

Post a Comment