Tuesday 27 October 2020

Hiatus - Avant Demain (1984)

The one and only album from this band from France.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and tenor saxophone.

I became very interested in this band when I found out that Progarchives had them listed as a zeuhl band.

The album was brought into my home office and then put up for review.

Zeuhl... ?? Yes and no.

Take some of the more weird structures from zeuhl and add a lot of jazz.

I would say three quarters of this album is avant-garde jazz and the rest is zeuhl.

In short, this is a pretty difficult listen even for zeuhl fans like myself.

The music is mid tempo and driven by the tenor saxophone with the bass in the bottom, hitting the pieces of music alongside the saxophone.

The music is at time atonal with shrieking saxophones.

The result is decent enough and a decent album. I get it but the album is a bit lacking in quality. Anyway, check out this album.

2 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment