Sunday 3 May 2020

ArcaMiri - Contatto (2018)


The debut album from this Italian band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, keyboards, synths, bass and vocals.

OK, this album is really an EP. Nevertheless, I have decided to review it as it is an interesting EP.
It is the music that counts here and hence the review.

ArcaMiri is an RPI band. They has very much adopted and embraced the more avant-garde part of the RPI scene from the 1970s. Area, Picchio Dal Pozzo, Stormy Six etc etc.

This twenty-eight minutes long EP, which is value for money, is a mix of opera, avant-garde and some jazz.

References are Univers Zero and Area.

The female opera vocals is quite jazzy and so is the piano. It has the sound of a jazz club in a back-alley in New York. The sound is very good but the feel is that of this jazz club.

The music on this EP is pretty original and I am scrambling to remember if I have ever heard anything like this EP before. I have not and that makes me looking forward to reviewing their 2019 album sometimes very soon.

The quality of the songs is really good and this is easily an EP I really would recommend.

3 points





No comments:

Post a Comment