Friday 14 August 2020

Margaritas Ante Porcos - Gluposti (2014)


The one and only album from this band from Latvia.

The band was a trio with a lineup of xylophone, percussion, drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I thought this band was from South America, Argentina, based on the both the music and the band name.

Then I discovered they were from Latvia.

Hence, I am very surprised.

After several listening sessions, I have to say they comes across as a mix of Budgie and Gentle Giant.
Add a lot of King Crimson too.

The music is eclectic and also very hard. The band is a power trio, indeed.

The vocals is wild and so is the guitars.

The quality is unfortunate only half-decent and it is not an album finding much joy in my office.

Hence....

1.5 points


3 comments:

  1. Hey! Do you have original album?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant that there are original files and the ability to order an original disc with an album. My opinion is that the quality of the original is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here :) https://margaritasanteporcos.bandcamp.com/album/gluposti

    ReplyDelete