Wednesday 29 May 2019

Jinetes Negros - Tawa Sarira (2013)


The fourth album from this Argentine band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, keyboards, guitars, percussion and Spanish vocals.
They had help from four guest musicians who provided winds, accordion, backing vocals and narration.

I am no fan of progressive metal and that is why I have so far chosen to give this band and their albums a wide berth.

Somehow, their last two albums landed in my inbox and my curiosity got the better of me. I put them up for reviews.

Tawa Sarira has indeed some progressive metal stuff...... but not that much.

What we get here is a mix of progressive metal, good old Argentine symphonic prog and good old South American folk rock.

There is a lot of flutes here and piano. The vocals are rather good. 

It is not an easy listening album either. Some of the music is really complex and requires a lot from the listener. Other pieces again is rather more melodic.

The end result is an album as lush as the cover art-work. There is no real great songs here. Nevertheless, this is a good album well worth checking out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment