Friday 19 February 2021

Mister Robot - Fables for Robots (2020)

The debut album from this Russian one-man band.

Mister Robot is mr. Aleksei Ruzakin on all instruments. That means keyboards, computers, guitars, piano, bass, drums and vocals.

I thought this album was another Ex- Soviet Union states one man and his keyboards project like for example Little Tragedies.

I was very much wrong.

Although this forty minutes long album is divided into two twenty minutes long pieces of music, there is a heck of a lot of vocals on this album. 

The music is still pretty symphonic prog, but with lots of vocals.

There is also a lot of Russian folk here too. But influences from Elton John and Billy Joel also shines through.

Mister Robot adds something new to the scene and I do not doubt that. The music is still too generic pop/rock for my liking although large parts of it is leaning towards symphonic prog.

The music is good though and well worth checking out. Something I recommend. I hope we will hear more from Aleksei in the future.

3 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment