Thursday 3 December 2020

TCP - Fantastic Dreamer (2011)

The second album from this US band.

The band is a trio with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, drums, bass and vocals.

The band was helped by three guest musicians who provided bass, keyboards and female vocals.

I very much enjoyed their 2009 debut album The Way. You will find the review somewhere else in this blog. I will also review their third and final album before the end of the year.

The band plays a mix of Genesis like prog and neo-prog. 

The vocals reminds me a lot about the Italian band The Watch. Ditto for the music. I am indeed a fan of The Watch and finds TCP a band who shares my views..... sound wise.

The music is both muscular and melodic. It is also pretty epic although the music is songs based. There is no long suites here.

The sound is very good and I love the vocals.

The rest of the band also does a good job.

The songs are all good and this is a joy to behold for Genesis and neo-prog fans. A couple of great tracks would had been great and is sorely missed from this album. 

Nevertheless, this is a good album and well worth checking out.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment