Saturday 12 December 2020

Three - Wake Pig (2005)

The third album from this US band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

The band had help from a guest musician who provided bass.

I have never had the chance to review their albums before although I have been aware of them for the last ten years. I did get three of their albums but they have not popped up in my to-do reviews before now. I will try to review their two other albums before the end of this year.

This album is one hour long. It is being described as a crossover prog album in ProgArchives. Metal Blade picked up this album and re-released it not so many years ago.

Conflicting signals here, indeed. 

The music is a mix of Radiohead art-rock, a bit metal and some teenybopper rock. Blink 182 springs to mind.

The songs fails to shine and I am left with some not so good vocals and one hour of decent music I do not really find that appealing.

I hope the two other albums are better than this one.

2 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment