Friday 23 July 2021

Syrinx - Kaleidoscope Of Symphonic Rock (1994)

The one and only album from this Dutch band.

The band was a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, synths and vocals.

Me and this album goes back a long time. I got a cassette promo of it from the Dutch death metal/grindcore label Cyber Music. Their albums so far had been of the more ultra-brutal metal sort.

I really liked this album back then and compared the band to Rush. I also regarded this album as a progressive rock album.

I had been looking for this album again for the last ten years before it popped up on Youtube. That made me happy. 

The music has some Yes and Rush influences. It also got some Pearl Jam and grunge influences. Not to forget the frequent neo-prog influences.

The vocals sounds strained and the musicians does not really do a good job. The music is pretty simplistic and not so developed.

The album is not as good as I thought it would be, 27 years after I started to listen to it.

This album is a pretty decent albums but nothing more than that. 

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment