Sunday 15 March 2020

Ur Kaos - Av Sprucket Ut Är Valt Ett Inuti (1999)


The third album from this Swedish band.

The band was a trio with a lineup of drums, strings, clavinet, bass pedals, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I really liked their debut album a lot. Accessible avant-garde prog, but still enough avant-garde to satisfy my interest in this genre.

I have not got their second album and I doubt if I will ever get it.

So I am jumping straight to their third and final album.

Us Kaos still gives us some dark avant-garde music.  One hour of dark avant-garde prog to be more precise.

A good reference here is King Crimson. But Ur Kaos music is much more darker than them. There is also some Scandinavian noir and gloominess in their music.

The music is driven by keyboards, clavinet and guitars. The vocals are good and they really adds to the dark sound of this album.

The quality is good throughout. It is an album also the eclectic prog and King Crimson fans will really enjoy. Check it out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment