Tuesday 19 February 2019

Rishloo - Eidolon (2007)


The second album from this US band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars, sound effects, synths and vocals.

I reviewed their debut album last month in this blog and I will indeed review their final two albums too.

I was not impressed about their debut album as it was an experimental metal and grunge album. They are not genres I like. I tend to avoid them.

The label "crossover prog" in ProgArchives tempted me to give their four albums a try though.

Eidolon is just short of an hour full of experimental metal and grunge. There is still some Radiohead when the band slows down. It is a lot of death metal like music when the band speeds up. Which they do a lot here.

The music is experimental but does not really bring much quality to the table. The vocals are really good and the best thing about this album.

A decent enough album and only that.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment