Tuesday 4 June 2019

Trojka - Tre Ut (2019)


The second album from this Norwegian prog rock band.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, keyboards, synths, guitars and Norwegian vocals.

This band has been flying well below my radar since their 2017 debut album I Speilvendthet. An album I should have as the band were sailing close to King Crimson, Yes and Genesis on that album. I will get that album.

Tre Ut was sent to me by their record label and that has put them on my map and in my inbox.

The vocals are solid Bergens dialect, a type of Norwegian which itself is very melodic. That suits the music extreme well, indeed.

The band has moved a bit away from Genesis and Yes on Tre Ut. There is still a lot of King Crimson... and Gentle Giant. A lot of Caravan has also replaced Genesis here.

Yes, the band has moved into Canterbury territory with this album with it's playful fusion and pop music.

The music is indeed funky, jazzy and poppy. There is also a lot of substance in their music and this forty-five minutes long album is really cool.

The songs are not really top notch. Nevertheless, this is a very good album and well worth checking out.

3.5 points






1 comment:

  1. OPPO POKER BONUS NEW MEMBER 20.000!!!
    CS LIVECHAT TERCEPAT DAN TER-RAMAH HANYA DI OPPO POKER!

    ReplyDelete