Tuesday 12 March 2019

Glencoe - The Spirit Of Glencoe (1973)


The second and final album from this British band.

Glencoe was a quartet with a lineup of keyboards, strings, bass, drums, guitars, percussion and vocals.

I was not impressed by their debut album who I reviewed some weeks ago. See the review somewhere else in this blog.

So I was not really looking forward to dipping my ears into this album.

The band continues on from the debut album with a mix of blues, psych, rock and folk rock.

Some of the music is very hard. Then we get some ballads in the folk rock style. The strings adds some old style crooning pop music to this album too.

There is not much to feel joyful on this half an hour long album.

Then again, it is not a bad album either. It is left in the time it was released and has not transferred well this day and age. It is still a decent album which I may not urge you to check out. But it has it's charms.

2 points





No comments:

Post a Comment