Tuesday 30 March 2021

Foehn - Faëria (1985)

The one and only album from this French band.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A guest musician provided saxophone.

I put this album on in the belief this would be a gentle folk rock album. I was wrong....

This one album only band was fronted by an ex Eskaton member. The zeuhl band Eskaton.

Hence, we are in the zeuhl genre. 

Foehn's take on zeuhl is pretty gentle and not so brutal as most other zeuhl bands.

The good female vocal harmonies are pretty nice. The bass too is nice although it is a driving force in the music.

The music is pretty melodic too with some forays into more melodic prog too.

This is zeuhl for beginners and should not scare away too many people.

The quality is good throughout and I really like this album. I hope I discover more albums like this in my trawl through the progressive rock world.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment