Monday 8 April 2019

Not Otherwise Specified - Deadweight (2019)


The third album from this US band.

This band is really a one man band with Craig Kerley on guitars, bass, keyboards and vocals.
He has got help from some guest musicians on bass, drums and guitars.

This is his third album.

I have not heard the two previous albums and I have not heard much about this band at all. They were totally new to me when this album arrived in my inbox.

And it was up for review too and I gave it some listening sessions.

The music is somewhere between US neo-prog and progressive metal. There are clearly some US symphonic prog influences here too.

The sound is big and bold. Ditto for the music which has a lot of piano, keyboards, guitars and good vocals.

The music is pretty hard throughout though.

And this one hour long album is a fairly good album too. It is a nearly-there album who will make a lot of people happy. I am not convinced....

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment