Wednesday 3 July 2019

AsZension - Biosphere (2014)


The second album from this Canadian band.

The band was a seven piece big band on this album with a lineup of guitars, synths, piano, organ, bass, drums and vocals.

I was pretty sure I had reviewed their 2012 self-titled debut album before I started the listening sessions for this album. I was wrong. I may have interviewed them for ProgArchives as the band name sounds familiar to me.

The music on this album is a mix of symphonic prog and fusion.

It is unfortunate that it is all instrumental music. There are some vocals on their cover version of the Rush classic Jacob's Ladder.

The music is also pretty laidback and does not offer much excitement or anything that sets them a part from the rest of the scene. There is a lot of piano and acoustic guitars here.

The opening track Star Stream is rather good. The rest and their version of Jacob's Ladder is decent enough.

I am not won over by this album.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment