Tuesday 11 December 2018

Nosound - Allow Yourself (2018)


The sixth album from this Italian band.

The band is a quintet on this album with a lineup of keyboards, guitars, bass, drums and vocals.
Guest musicians provides cello, bass and string quartet.

I have been following this band with great interest during the last years. Maybe I am not a fan. But I like them a lot.

So their new album was a very welcome addition to my house and album collection.

The band has moved a lot more in the direction of Steven Wilson, Anathema and Radiohead than before. There are even some large Sigur Ros influences here. And as per always does the Gazpacho influences shine through. But these two bands are brothers in crime so that is not a surprise.

In short; ambient and colourful psych prog.

The music is full of emotions and colours. Full of nice noises and moods. Moods dominated by half-acoustic guitars, keyboards and vocals.

This forty minutes long album is a good journey and delivers the good. It is indeed a very good album and I one I truly like.

3.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment