Saturday 1 September 2018

Dice - What, If My Black Cat Is An Alien? (2018)


The 20th album from this German band.

The band is now a quartet with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and vocals.

I am by no means a fan of this band and their most recent offerings. So I was not really looking forward to reviewing this album. And that is an understatement.

The cover art-work and the album title is funny though and those sentiments are shared by myself. Yes, I have also asked the question Dice has asked. Pretty frequently, in fact.

And the twelve minutes long title track is a very good song too. Their best for many, many albums. It is a purring spaced out song with some Eloy and psych influences. A memorably good song.

The rest of this one hour long album offers up some decent to good psych rock. Some of the songs are good and some are decent.

There are some good organs and guitars here. The vocals are not particular good and is letting down the music. But I have got used to them and they are purring like a cat on the title track so no harm has been done.

This though is their best effort for a long time and one album well worth purchasing. I am surprised !

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment