Tuesday 2 February 2021

Mariavah - Les Heures Incolores (1979)

The debut album from this band from Belgium.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, piano, flute and French vocals.

This band from Belgium released two albums before they disappeared again. I do not have their second album so this is my only review of this band's creative output.

The music is a bit all over the place.

Take a bit funk, add a lot of Ange like symphonic prog and add some rock too. There are also some French pop here.

The band is certainly from the French speaking and French culture part of Belgium. It is by all means a French band too.... as I thought until the Discogs file corrected me.

There are some breezy funky west-coast in their music too.

The vocals are very good and there is nothing here I don't like. A couple of better songs would have sealed the deal for me.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment