Tuesday 24 July 2018

Wejah - Springtime (2006)


The third and final album from this band from Brazil.

Wejah was a quintet with a lineup of keyboards, bass, drums, guitars, sequencers and English vocals.

I have not heard their debut album. I have heard and reviewed their second album and you can read my review here.

That album did not impress me in other words.

The band is back again and now in English.

That is not the only change here. They have also ditched their eclectic and sometime avant-garde rock. Ditched is also their folk rock influences.

What is left is some slick fusion and symphonic prog in the Genesis vein. The sound is very much British and there is no hints whatsoever that this band comes from Brazil.

The music is pretty good though and an improvement on theis second album Senda. Nevertheless, the music is slick and not particular interesting. Hence my verdict.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment