Saturday, 26 August 2017

Force of Progress - Calculated Risk (2017)


The debut album from this German band.

Force Of Progress is Hanspetter Hess from The Healing Road with three other musicians. The lineup is keyboards, bass, drums, samples and keyboards.

From what I remember from The Healing Road, that band/project was a neo-prog band. I reviewed one of their albums in # 1 of this blog and the review is here. I now see that I have also reviewed another album from them. The review is here.

Force Of Progress have though moved in another direction than The Healing Road. First of all, the music on Calculated Risk is instrumental progressive rock. And the music is pretty heavy.

I think it is fair to say that we are pretty much, 75 % so, in progressive metal territory here. The remaining 25 % is neo-prog.

The music is as heavy as a mountain at times. But there is also very good interplays between the keyboards, guitars, bass and drums throughout this album. I am starting to wonder if this is a band who do gigs. The reason is that the band is working very well together and knows what they are doing here. If they are not playing live, may I suggest that this music deserves to be played live, guys ?

The music on this fifty-four minutes long album is instrumental and that is a very difficult genre. There are no great pieces of music here and no good ones either. The music is very dynamic and will create joy among those who likes very technical and loud progressive rock/metal. I have my reservations.....

That said, this album falls somewhere between decent and good. It is most definate a concept/band to develop and take further.

2.5 points
  

No comments:

Post a comment