Wednesday 21 March 2018

Afasia - Nelle Vesti Del Mio Ego (2016)


The debut album from this Italian band.

Afasia is a quintet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and Italian vocals.

I am like a cat chasing birds when it comes to Italian progressive rock. My interest in this genre, RPI, is at times a bit unhealthy and leads me astray.

Getting this album is not that unhealthy. It is just that it is not Italian progressive rock.

Afasia gives us an hour of Italian progressive metal. Yes, there are some hints of the good old Italian progressive rock bands from the 1970s. PFM and those bands springs to mind.

I was starting to fearing the worst after four minutes when this already hard and heavy album gives us a minute of djent. Djent is not a good word in my world. But thankfully.......

The music turns more towards progressive metal and heavy/power metal from the 1990s. The music is hard and bombastic with a couple of more mid-tempo and pastoral parts inbetween the hard hitting music.

I am not particular taken in by this album. The heavy and progressive metal cliches comes thick and fast at times. There is too many of them for my liking. There are also some good stuff here too. Hence my rating.

2.5 points

  


No comments:

Post a Comment