Thursday 28 December 2017

Kettlespider - Kettlespider (2017)

 

The second album from this Australian band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of keyboards, bass, drums, guitars and percussion.

I have not had the fortune to listen to their 2012 debut album Avadante yet. I do not have it which may explain why. So I do not know about their progress. But the band has released no less than eleven singles. Which may explain the market in Australia or this band. Or both. I do not know.

The band is playing an instrumental mix between post-rock, experiemental metal, post-metal and some melodic prog. ProgArchives has described their music as heavy prog and I agree with that.

Yes, there are plenty of melodic stuff on this album. The guitars and the keyboards drives through some barren landscapes and some lush landscapes. Just as Australia itself.

This forty minutes long album is like a soundtrack to the landscapes of Australia. The first part of this album is pretty harsh with some vegetation and nice melodies. The album ends on a melodic note with a great symphonic prog theme.

I am not a big fan of this genre Kettlespider is having a great deal of fun and success in. But this is a good album indeed. I really enjoy the quality here and the music. Check out this album.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment