Monday 11 December 2017

Kebnekaise - Elefanten (1977)


The fifth album from this Swedish band.

Kebnekaise was a sextet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, congas, timbales, mandolin and violin.

I have earlier this year reviewed a couple of their albums in this blog. Back in May 2010, I also did a couple of reviews of their albums for ProgArchives. So I know this band pretty well.

A band who were basically a folk rock band, but who also branched out into world music, fusion and hard rock. Kebnekaise was indeed a strange band.

Something the band proves on this album.

Take Camel and add Swedish folk music and some fusion to the mix. You will end up with something like this album. An album for some reasons I do not really understand is called Elefanten. In English, that means The Elephant. To my knowledge, elephants does not roam freely in the Swedish forests.

Swedish forests and the rural Swedish landscapes is what this album reminds me about. Not Africa and the vast savannahs down there.

The music is pretty technical with some strong rhythms and a lot of Camel vibes. It is not a good album. The quality is lacking in the tracks and I find this half an hour long album pretty dull. But check it out if you want.

2.5 points 


No comments:

Post a Comment