Tuesday 30 January 2018

Caravela Escarlate - Caravela Escarlate (2017)


The second album from this Brazilian band.

Caravela Escarlate is a trio with a lineup of bass, drums, keyboards, guitars and Portoguese vocals.

Their 2016 debut album Rascunho was released without any fanfare and international recognition. I have still to get it but I think I will purchase it sometimes soon.
Their second album, this one I am reviewing now, is starting to get some attention. Maybe because it is now available on Youtube.

The band plays Brazilian symphonic prog in the vein of the good old legendary Brazilian band Sagrado Coracao Da Terre. You can find my reviews of their albums in # 1 of this blog.

I really like Sagrado Coracao Da Terre and their albums. So when I heard Caravela Escarlate was in the same vein, I went for this album.

Brazilian symphonic prog as on this album means symphonic prog with a lot of Brazilian folk rock, Latin pop and classical music incorporated. The music is both melodic and complex. It also has this cool laidback feeling most of us get from Brazil.

There is no great songs here and that is my only gripe. Nevertheless, this is a good album which will appeal to anyone into symphonic prog and progressive rock in general. This is a band I will follow pretty closely in the next years.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment