Wednesday 18 December 2019

Archangelica - Tomorrow Starts Today (2016)


The second album from this Polish band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and female vocals.

I liked their 2013 debut album Like A Drug. Good neo-prog. A bit too much on the safe side was my only gripe with that album and I wrote so in my review.

The world has moved on and so has my world. I now like neo-prog from Poland and regard their scene among the best in the world. So no more bad words about Poland and their neo-prog scene.

I have not heard any more news..... But I have not been searching for it either..... about this band. I hope they are alive & well.

The music on this album is a mix of neo-prog and gothic metal.

The music is pretty hard throughout. The vocals is really good and Patrycja Mizerska deserve a lot of praise for the vocals here. She is one of the better ones in the scene.

The music is backing up the vocals and is pretty flawless with nothing bad to report.

There is no great piece of music here and that is my gripe with this album. These sixty-five minutes is enjoyable though and gives a lot of value for the money.

This is a good album from a good band. Check it out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment