Sunday 27 January 2019

Presto Ballet - The Days Between (2018)


The fifth album from this US band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of bass, drums, keyboards, guitars and vocals.

This band had taken a six years long break and I did not expect to see another Presto Ballet album again. Metal Church, the main band of the founder of Presto Ballet, was releasing albums too... so I thought that was that when I reviewed their first albums. Reviews you will find somewhere else in this blog.

A really good cover art-work herald the new album and I dig into the music.

There is a lot of Kansas in their music. A lot of Americana and some prog metal influences.

There is also a lot of fresh heavy and neo-prog like music here too.

The vocals are really good and ditto for the sound. This is an unashamed US album who draws a lot on the US scene from the 1970s. The stadium rock bands from that era.

The music sounds really fresh and new too despite of the 1970s influences.

I have my gripes about the quality of the music. But I cannot deny that this forty minutes long album plays on a lot of my heart strings. Maybe more on those strings than my brain cells.

Check out this good album.

3 points

 

No comments:

Post a Comment