Tuesday 5 September 2017

This Oceanic Feeling - Universal Mind (2015)


The debut album from this British band.

The band is a trio with a lineup of guitars, drums, synths, piano, keyboards, bass and vocals.

This band is the side project of Lee Pomeroy of It Bites and Headspace. This band was also nominated for something in the Prog Awards 2015. Maybe best newcomer. So there is the prog rock credentials...

The music here is somewhere between pop and neo-prog. Progressive pop music ? Yes, I would go for that.

The music is very catchy and very immediate attractive. It is like a very physically attractive person. You really want that person. But do you want to live the rest of your life with that person ?

That is the question I ask myself after some listenings to this album. It is very immediate here & now. Will I enjoy it next week or next month ? I don't think so.

There is nothing wrong with the musicians here and the songs. They more than pass my quality control. It is indeed a good album. It is also uncomplicated music which does not really requires that much, intellectually. Hence, I have my problems with this album when it comes to longviety and it's afterlife after being reviewed here. Is it a good album ? Yes. Will I ever play it again ? No.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment