Sunday 22 October 2017

Búsqueda ‎- Búsqueda (1978)


The one and only album from this Argentine band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of bass, drums, mellotron, synths, organ, piano, guitars and Spanish vocals.

I know absolute nothing about this band as I got this as a file from a friend in Argentina who wanted me to review this album. Which I am more than happy to do. I have noted that this album, LP, is a collectors item on Discogs. $ 120 no less.

This album is not out on CD and that is a shame. It should be picked up by a label and re-released.

The music here is a mix of Latin American folk rock, pop and symphonic prog. There is even some country'n'western here on this album.

The album is half an hour long. The vocals are really great. The music is pastoral and delicate beautiful throughout. It is too sweet at times. There is a lot of piano here with some acoustic guitars and organs too.

There are no great songs here and there is not that much good music either. The music is very nice on the ear, but does not offer the brain much food to live of.

This is a decent to good album which deserve a re-release as I am pretty sure it will find a fanbase. But I am not among them.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment