Wednesday 26 August 2020

Gomorrha - I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was (1972)


The second and final album from this German band.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of piano, organ, guitars, bass, drums and vocals.

Their 1971 debut album Trauma was not a good album but I had heard a lot good things about the follow up album so I decided to lend my ears to it for some days.

We are still very much in the krautrock genre on this album.

It is indeed a krautrock album with a lot of heavy psych and hard rock inbetween some space rock and some more pastoral music.

The band really makes hard rock on this album. It is also very complex music with some flamenco also thrown into the mix.

There is a lot of organs here and that makes this album quite a good album. The vocals are quite good too.

We get forty-five minutes of hard and complex music here and it is an improvement on their debut album. A pretty big one.

Krautrock fans should check out this album. I got my reservations, but still rate this album as a good album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment