Sunday 11 August 2019

Gift. The - Antenna (2019)


The fourth album from this British band.

The band is a sextet on this album with a lineup of harmonica, percussion, bass, drums, keyboards, guitars and vocals.

I have reviewed their other albums at # 1 of this blog and have always rated they highly. This is a band I really like.

So I was really looking forward to this one.

I wish I would write that the band continues more or less on the same path as they did on their first three albums....

BUT....

The band has shed their symphonic prog sound and the ten songs on this one hour long album are pretty short. Two songs are touching ten minutes and that is all.

The music is pretty straight forward rock too with some pub-rock and neo-prog influences.

There is not many good details here and I feel that the band has lost touch with the art of writing good prog songs.

The instrumentation and the vocals are pretty standard. Standard and dull. There is no prog here.

The album is not too bad. But it is still two steps in the wrong direction. I am not impressed.

2 points


No comments:

Post a Comment