Wednesday 5 September 2018

Sentiero Di Taus. Il - La Grande Perla (2013)


The debut album from this Italian band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums and vocals.
The band had help from two guest musicians who added keyboards, piano and extra guitars.

Italy means Rock Progressive Italiano (RPI) to me. And this band has been added to the RPI label in ProgArchives.

The band is also one of those bands Fabio Zuffanti has promoted. 

So I had high hopes as new RPI is like champagne to me.

Which is exactly what I did not get on this album.

The music here is post-punk with some eclectic prog and hard rock added onto the onslaught of post-punk.

The music is very hard and some times pretty dissonant too. The vocals is pretty hard hitting and in the punk tradition. The music is fast and furious.

There are some half-decent stuff on this forty minutes long album. But that is really all.This is by no means a good album and only a few of the songs saves this album from the turkey yard.

I wonder how their new album sounds like. I will soon find out as it is very soon up for review. 

1.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment