Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wishbone Ash - Nouveau Calls (1987)


The 14th album from this British band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, percussion, mandolin and banjo.

Wishbone Ash classic setup was back again with Ted Turner, Martin Turner, Andy Powell and Steve Upton. Hooray !!!!!!!!!!

....So I thought......

Then I tried to find out if there was a misprint or I had been sold a dud here. The music coming out the speakers was never in a million years something I would associate with this band. I checked ProgArchives and other sources before I found out that this is indeed a Wishbone Ash album.

The music on this forty odd minutes is some kind of calypso fusion with a lot of reggae thrown in too. There is some Euro techno here too.

There is hardly any guitars here and no vocals. There is no twin guitars either. There is a lot of techno and pling-plong here. 

The music is terrible too. The melodies are half-baked and not fit for human consumption. The result is a turkey and a smelly turkey too. Avoid this album at all costs.

1 point

 


No comments:

Post a Comment