Sunday 8 April 2018

Humus - Tus Oidos Mienten (1992)


The debut album from this Mexican band.

Humus was Jorge Beltran on keyboards, bass, drums, guitars and other instruments.

I have a small collection of Humus albums and I will review them this spring/you can find my other reviews of the Humus albums somewhere else in this blog.

I like to listen to and review albums from obscure bands. Hence this blog, both this one and # 1 of this blog. I also did this a lot in my reviews for ProgArchives years ago.

Humus, read Jorge Beltran, gives us psychedelic rock with some space rock influences. The music is instrumental. It is driven by guitars and some keyboards.

Some of the guitars are dissonant and jarring. Nevertheless, the music is melodic and dynamic.

The music is pretty interesting and showcases a lot of talents and the good ear for what works and does not work.

There is a lot of things that are working here. It is still not a good album. But it is a respectable debut album in a genre which is not the easiest genre. Check it out.

2.5 points







No comments:

Post a Comment