Saturday 24 March 2018

Percewoods Onagram - First Album (1969)


The debut album from this US-German band.

Percewoods Onagram was a quintet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, harmonica, flute and vocals.

I purchased their 5 CD box some years ago and reviewed Wolfgang Michel's solo album, which was included in this box, for # 1 of this blog back in May 2016. See the review here.

I have now come back to review the four Percewoods Onagram CDs included in that box.

The band had a pretty big cult following after being taken under the wings of Alexis Korner in London.

Based on this album, that is pretty strange. The music here is a mix of folk rock, acid folk, krautrock and psych prog.

The sound is pretty poor despite of the remastering. The music sometimes reminds me about the mindless music Amon Duul released and I hate.
But there is signs of intelligent life on this album. Not much intelligent life. But there are a couple of decent songs here.
I am starting to wonder what the heck I have done now as I have to review their three remaining albums too. I hope they are not as bad as this one.

A couple of decent songs saves this album from the turkey yard. Avoid this album.

1.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment