Wednesday 10 January 2018

Threshold - Legends Of The Shires (2017)


The 11th album from this British band.

Threshold is a quintet on this album with a lineup of bass, drums, synths, guitars and vocals.

I have reviewed their ten previous albums for # 1 of this blog and you can read them there. If you are interested....

I have always rated this band as the best prog metal band from Great Britain. I rate them as one of the best prog metal band on this planet.

Hence, I was looking forward to this album.....

The band is signed on Nuclear Blast and their last couple of albums was good. When I heard this was going to be a double album, a concept album, I really started to look forward to this album.

So we get eighty minutes of a mix of neo-prog and prog metal here. The vocals are really good and ditto for the guitars.

There are some songs here which sounds like pop songs. Strip away the prog metal guitars and you get some pop songs with long choruses. Not good at all.

Then we get some more longer and more developed songs in the neo-prog vein which sounds really good. That leaves me a bit confused. Where does this band want to go ? Commercial bubblegum music or progressive music ? I am not sure.

The end result is a good album but not one of their best albums. I am moderate happy with this album.

3 points

 

No comments:

Post a Comment