Wednesday 16 August 2017

Corima - Corima (2007)


The debut album from this US band.

The band was a trio on this album with bass, drums, keyboards and lots of vocals.

I discovered this zeuhl band when they released their second album Quetzalcoatl. A truly great album.  I also got in touch with them and asked them about their debut album. The band was not keen on giving me access to it or even sell me one. They were not proud of it, I gathered.

The album has now been released on their Bandpage page together with their newest album, released last year. A review will soon be published/you will find my review of that album somewhere else in this blog.

I can understand why the band is a bit hesitant about this album. A different lineup and a bit underdeveloped music.

Where Quetzalcoatl is very lush, this album is very primitive and a bit RIO as in the music from Present. Dark, very fast, tribal and pretty primitive is these five songs and sixty-five minutes.

When that is said, the music is still hypnotic and it proves that the band was really onto something with their music. It is indeed a good album. But this is not as Corima is on their second and third album. That is a different band again. But this album is still worthy checking out.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment